Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

This is my go to recipe not only for apple cinnamon pancakes, but for the plain cakes in general.  I got it from a work breakfast about 4 years ago from an unexpected source.  It's seriously a staple in my recipe book.  I can't even explain how delicious these are.  Simple and delicious.  Try them out for yourself!

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tbsp butter - melted
1 apple - peeled, cored, chopped

Mix dry ingredients and set aside.  In a separate bowl mix together milk and egg.  Melt butter.
When the skillet is ready, add the milk to the flour mixture and stir briefly until just combined.  Add in butter and apple and mix.  Do not overmix.  Serve with butter and your favorite syrup!


1 comment:

  1. Woke up and thought, "what can I have for breakfast?" Remembered I had an apple that needed eating, and then remembered these pancakes. Yum. Thanks, Olga!

    ReplyDelete