Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Better than the Box" Brownies

So I came home last night and while my husband decided to go for a quick run, I decided to make a batch of brownies.  The last time I made some from a random recipe off google search, they were absolutely terrible and more like dry chocolate cake than brownies.  And then! I found my saved recipe that got wonderful reviews.  As expected, they turned out perfect!  Simple and so delicious! ... and now my dessert at work!

4 oz bittersweet chocolate (I used leftover Ghirardelli)
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350.  Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave until fully melted.  Let cool for a minute. Add sugar, vanilla, and salt.  Mix.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.  Fold in flour and cocoa powder.  Bake at 350 for about 20 min, checking to make sure the center is baked through with a toothpick.

Done!

Recipe from: http://desertcandy.blogspot.com/2007/04/brownies-simple-sublime.html


No comments:

Post a Comment