Friday, November 13, 2015

Swedish-ish Berry Tart

I only learned 2 words when we were in Sweden this summer: smor and hallonpaj.  That means butter and raspberry pie.  The pastries in Europe are to die for, and as soon as we got back I knew I needed to recreate this in my kitchen.  Finding a recipe was not easy but I found it and of course made a few adjustments to make it even more awesome! (Like doubling the amount of fruit)

















Original recipe from: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/raspberry_walnut_tart/

Crust:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (12 tbsp) - cut into tbsp's

Mix crust ingredients with a food processor to a crumb texture.

Filling:
2 eggs
3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
20 oz raspberries and other berries (half fresh, half frozen, or a mixture)

Line a 9-10 in. in diameter tart pan with foil.  Press crust crumbs into the bottom and up the edges a little.  Bake at 350 for 25 min.  Mix the filling ingredients except for the raspberries.  Take out of oven and spread the raspberries out evenly on the crust.   Pour the filling mixture evenly throughout.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until set in the middle.

Enjoy! Let me know if you like this recipe as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment